Wednesday, August 1, 2012


Day 61




This morning I was talking to Marta, Juljana's younger daughter.
We are planning to meet in the near future and she hopefully will tell me a lot 
about her growing up in Serdica and how life was there back then.

She once and a while comes back to take care of her fathers grave.
After some research and getting to now a few neighbors I also found the right one.

At the graveyard in Ocinje I met Manuela. She was born here but today lives in Switzerland.
She told me to go visit her childhood friend Roswita in Serdica. She and her mother would know.
And they did. They send me to the graveyard in Serdica 
which is located on the other side of the valley.





Franc was Juljana's husband. As I learned today, she didn´t die in Serdica.
After being on her own her daughter took Juljana and she spent her last years in Styria.
I think it`s very poetic, that Franc eternally is facing his place of living.
His house used to be on the hill on the other side.



No comments:

Post a Comment